Crowd Management and Safety Training
Crowd Management and Safety Training for Personnel providing direct services to Passengers in Passenger Spaces
To provide seafarers with the necessary knowledge, understanding and proficiency to carry out designated duties and help ensure safety on board passenger vessels in accordance with the STCW code. Prior to being assigned shipboard duties, approved training in accordance with Section A-V/2, paragraph 1 and 2 of the STCW code should be undertaken by relevant personnel.
Training takes place on board the vessel at a location to be agreed or can be conducted at a venue of choice for the client subject to any additional costs incurred from booking that location.
Training programmes can be designed to sit alongside additional training provided by DGM in Crisis Management or on board firefighting.
Ideally suited for Masters, Officers and other personnel designated on muster lists to assist passengers in emergency situations aboard passenger vessel (other than Ro-Ro passenger vessels), engaged on international voyages. With respect to the Superyacht industry this is recommended as all crew.
Training takes place on a maximum ratio of 24 crew to 1 trainer for theory and 8 crew to one instructor for practical sessions.
- Specify the details on muster lists and emergency instructions
- Explain where the emergency exits are on the vessel
- State the restrictions on the use of elevators
- Give clear reassuring orders
- Control passengers in corridors, staircases and passageways
- Explain the importance of keeping escape routes clear of obstructions
- Evacuate disabled persons and others needing special assistance
- Conduct a search of accommodation spaces
- Embark and disembark passengers
- Explain the importance of keeping order
- Explain the procedures for reducing and avoiding panic
- Demonstrate the use of passenger lists for evacuation
- Explain the need for passengers to be suitably clothed and identify what constitutes suitable clothing
- Demonstrate how to correctly don a life jacket
For further information or to request a more detailed proposal please contact us.