Da Gama Maritime continues to grow at a rapid pace as we continue to set the standard by which other endeavour to follow. Consciously employing professionals with years of knowledge in the areas for which they either instruct or assist our clients, we are always looking to expand our work force.
To that end we will keep this page up-to-date with opportunities available and will welcome CV's from interested personnel. To work here though you must be motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated to the safety of others with a passion for the area in which you want to work. Whether it's out at sea instructing our clients or based back in our UK office assisting with many of the support roles, we're constantly on the look-out for professional team players and look forward to hearing from you.
We're looking for:
Part time office administrator
Working alongside the office manager initially before progressing into job sharing this would require the right person to:
- fulfill the office receptionist role
- enter financial data into the online accountancy system (in house training provided)
- book staff travel and deal with short notice changes
- potential to expand to invoice payment and processing card payments from clients (in house training provided)
- This will initially be for two days per week but has potential to grow as the work load increases.
- As part of providing general office administrator duties, familiarity in 'Office' software products is essential while knowledge of the accounting system 'Xero' would be an advantage.
- There is also scope for this person to take over management of the company ISO procedures as a lead auditor for which the right characteristics and personality will see you being sent on the appropriate course helping add a feather to your cap.
- Working alongside the office manager initially before progressing into job sharing this would require the right person to:
Navigation account manager
Working alongside our dedicated growing team, the right person for this role would be required to:
- Deal with the day-to-day enquiries and orders from the clients they manage
- Have a sound understanding of the range of products provided to clients
- Generate proposals for potential new clients
- Train and educate crew in the most efficient and appropriate way of maintaining a navigation outfit
- Attend appropriate trade shows and conferences to represent the company and provide input to the industry
- Travel on an international basis to visit clients, audit navigation outfits and give advice and guidance on ways to enhance their service
- This would be a full time position operating out of our office in Chichester, UK
- Weekend work would be required on occasion but not frequently and time off can usually be taken in lieu
- Knowledge of 'Office' software products is a must and will be asked to demonstrate at interview
- A good phone manner, smart appearance and professional standing is expected
- Experience of the maritime industry will be a distinct advantage but if the right person demonstrates appropriate enthusiasm and characteristics with an aptitude to learn, the necessary training will be provided.
- Working alongside our dedicated growing team, the right person for this role would be required to:
Chart Corrector / Consignment manager
- We employ our on in-house chart correctors to ensure standards are absolute on the paper charts outfit returned to our clients. With the number of clients growing, the number of charts needing updating is doing likewise. As such we're seeking someone to join our team within this specialist area to work alongside then take charge of the other correctors. Full training would be provided and thus any prior knowledge of maintaining a navigation outfit is not essential but would be helpful.
With the correction workload varying on the seasonal demands of our clients, the person fulfilling this role would also be expected to deal with the orders passing through our UK office. Again training will be provided but eventually this person would control all ordering of stores, sort arriving products to the appropriate clients and package everything for courier dispatch.
- Within both roles, the workload can become intense with tight deadlines to meet but this would be backed up by the navigation account managers.
- Accuracy in drawing is a must and candidates will be required to sit a 2 - 3 hour drawing test to demonstrate an appropriate standard of free hand capability.
- The appropriate person will be hard working, efficient and accurate in their work.
- Based in our Chichester office this will be a full time position.
- Computer literacy should be at a reasonable standard although training will be given.
A company pension scheme is in effect for all eligible employees with a generous leave allowance too.
Da Gama Maritime is a supporter of the Armed Forces and has been awarded the Bronze award for the Armed Forces Covenant Scheme.
Please send CV's to email@example.com or contact us on +44 (0) 1243 511 084