Da Gama Maritime continues to grow at a rapid pace as we continue to set the standard by which other endeavour to follow. Consciously employing professionals with years of knowledge in the areas for which they either instruct or assist our clients, we are always looking to expand our work force.
To that end we will keep this page up-to-date with opportunities available and will welcome CV's from interested personnel. To work here though you must be motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated to the safety of others with a passion for the area in which you want to work. Whether it's out at sea instructing our clients or based back in our UK office assisting with many of the support roles, we're constantly on the look-out for professional team players and look forward to hearing from you.
Updated July 2019
We're looking for:
- Navigation account managers
Our account managers work directly with a select number of clients, predominately Superyachts, to ensure the vessels are always carrying the most up-to-date charts, electronic licences and publications necessary to meet the international standards for safety of navigation at sea. While we have in the past looked for personnel with a deep rooted maritime background, due to the experience and knowledge which now exists within the company, we are able to widen our net to bring in enthusiastic personnel keen to help others. Predominately administration based, there is the opportunity for foreign travel to meet clients within their environment. Full training will be provided and although a maritime background is not essential, it would be an advantage.
Working alongside our dedicated growing team, the right person for this role would be required to:
- Deal with the day-to-day enquiries and orders from the clients they manage
- Have a sound understanding of the range of products provided to clients (training will be given)
- Generate proposals for potential new clients
- Train and educate crew in the most efficient and appropriate way of maintaining a navigation outfit
- Attend appropriate trade shows and conferences to represent the company and provide input to the industry
- Travel on an international basis to visit clients, audit navigation outfits and give advice and guidance on ways to enhance their service
- This would be a full time position operating out of our office in Chichester, UK
- Weekend work would be required on occasion but not frequently and time off can usually be taken in lieu
- Knowledge of 'Office' software products is a must and will be asked to demonstrate at interview
- A good phone manner, smart appearance and professional standing is expected
A company pension scheme is in effect for all eligible employees with a generous leave allowance too.
Da Gama Maritime is a supporter of the Armed Forces and has been awarded the Bronze award for the Armed Forces Covenant Scheme.
Please send CV's to email@example.com or contact us on +44 (0) 1243 511 084