Da Gama Maritime was established by professional mariners who wanted to make a difference to the industry through a number of areas. Focusing on navigation management and on board crew training the company initially worked solely with Superyachts but over the years this has broadened from small day boats to commercial ships as well as private islands.
Passionate about enhancing safety at sea we use our experience to discuss the most cost effective options available to you in respect to navigation management and firefighting. You can review our services through the tabs above but in general we cover:
- Navigation management and the provision of stores necessary to remain safe underway.
- On board crew training in areas of navigation and firefighting.
- Training private island staff in firefighting to provide a safer environment for guests.
Employing personnel specialised in the areas of navigation or firefighting, our team are ready to support you with everything from simple advice through to dedicated training packages or the day-to-day navigation management of your vessel.
With more vessels shifting across to Electronic Navigation we rely upon our years of knowledge using electronic charts to explain the differences to the numerous options available to the mariner. We can also assist in putting procedures together for use by Officers Of the Watch to maintain safety at sea.
As a full UK Hydrographic Distributor we can supply all paper and electronic products licenced by the UKHO to individuals, vessel crew or management companies for which you have a couple of options:
- Sign up to our full Navigation Management - through this service you'll have access via this website (see the Client Login above) to a complete management control system which works with you to ensure you always have the most up-to-date charts, publications and licences on board. You will be assigned an account manager who will work with you in this as well as having access to our complete catalogue of navigation and fire related stores. 24/7 support is also available.
- If you're looking to purchase UKHO products but don't want us to manage your outfit, i.e. one off purchases or perhaps just the simple renewal of annual licences, our public shopping website via this link is the place for you. Paper and electronic charts and publications can be purchased on-line but we won't inform you of new editions or when licences are due to expire. Charts can also be ordered and collected from our office as we have the Print On Demand capability.
If you're unsure which is the best option for you, just give us a ring and we can talk you through to identify the most cost effective method.
Internationally recognised for meeting the strict requirements of ISO9001:2008, we have been certified by Lloyd’s Registry for our navigation management procedures. A copy of our certificate can be downloaded by clicking on the image below.
Da Gama Maritime is proficient in the latest regulations governing maritime navigation and safety and as founding partners in the ECDIS Revolution, a series of conferences dedicated to electronic navigation developments, we are committed to promoting the vital role navigation plays in SOLAS.